Friday, August 14, 2009

Pura Vida

I am going to miss Costa Rica! It was so difficult saying good bye to everyone today and leaving Jaco. I hadn't realized just how use to it I was getting, I really think I could stay a few more months. I really felt like I was just starting to get into it this week. The moments of being homesick had started to pass and I was starting to explore different things to do in Jaco.
I am enjoying the cool air in San Jose and a warm shower was nice. I like that I don't smell like bug spray and sunscreen right now, that I was able to do my hair, I get to go home and cook what I want, my internet will work regularly again, and I can flush my toilet paper. I however had become use to feeling hot and sweaty all of the time and taking cool showers. I really like being surprised with what I was going to eat. One morning this week I woke up to find out that Anne and I got to learn how to make tortillas. The family we stayed with was absolutly wonderful! I the soup that Anna made for me every time I got sick was amazing and they way they interacted with Anne and I was so warm and welcoming.

No comments: