Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mucho Lluvia

I think I might loose my mind with all of the rain down here! I have been stuck in the same location for 4 hours now because it started down pouring while I was walking around this morning. I have my computer with me and no water proof bag!!!! So I am currently missing surfing and hoping that it stops raining in time for me to go to yoga.

This week it started pouring for hours straight! Clearly I need to find a place at the school to leave my computer so that I do not feel impeded by the weather when I am walking around town. This is the second time that I have stopped and thought that I could wait out the rain, a down fall of growing up in the desert. On the upside I can discuss the weather pretty accurately now...my two Spanish topics food and weather. Aside from mucho lluvia it is mucho calor!

I brought a rain jacket with me, helpful. I also brought 5 pairs of pants, not as helpful when you are close to the equator. I brought a zip up and a light beach sweater, completely unnecessary in this location! An umbrella might prove to be useful and a worth while purchase if I ever get to leave this restaurant that I am currently in.

No comments: