Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Grands

I was told today that updating my blog might make it a more interesting read; my family is ridiculously picky.
I forgot my camera so the pictures from Thanksgiving will have to wait until someone sends me a few...that's a hint for my follower.
I love visiting my Grands, it has to be one of my favorite vacation spots. I loved it in Chicago and I love it in Colorado. Their house has a constancy and a comfort that is lovely to return to time and time again no matter the location. I love the greeting when arriving, Grandfather clock, the smell, the wool blankets on the bed, the dolls from my childhood, and just the general feel of the house. There is a special calmness/stillness in their house that always makes me feel peaceful.
Odd as it may seem my family has a few special quirks. One showed up promptly tonight when I arrived. We like to talk (that's not the quirk) and are all horrible at watching TV (that's the quirk). Tonight I sat down to eat a late dinner after arriving and the rest of the family was trying to program a new TV device for my Grands. As we were switching channels and trying to program the device a movie came on that was action packed, my G'pa in true Zander fashion gave commentary to the movie, we talked about what movie it might be what could be happening, about 15 minutes into it we slowly realized it was dubbed over in Spanish, no problem the very loud Zander voices continued to create their own scenarios and outcomes. No lack of creativity here.

No comments: