Wednesday, April 29, 2009

oops!

I stink at following advice. I have received some excellent advice in my life that I just plain ignore until I have to apply it to my own lessons to learn. I am excellent at seeking out the resources that I need for good advice, I just for one reason or another feel the need to then explore my options or situations before acting on the advice.
I am especially bad at following my own advice some of the time. I'll think about what I need to do, be confident in my choice of what I should do, and then not follow through. I let others influence choices that I know are right for me and my well-being. I know what will make me happy, so I don't know why I find it so difficult some of the time to let others know that and really stand up for what I want.
Right now I'm going to work on taking my own advice. Using the resources that I have and paying attention when I ask for advice from others. There is a reason I asked for advice from that person, they usually know what they are talking about even if it does seem like difficult advice to apply. I am going to work on just being more responsible for what I do and how I do take care of my life. Then maybe the difficult stuff will seem a little bit easier to take.

No comments: